2018 New Clothes, New Beginnings Annual Distribution
Before clicking the VOLUNTEER SIGNUP button at the bottom of this page, we ask that you read this entire page. You are acknowledging that you agree with the *Terms and Conditions on this page when you submit your registration.
Summer Distribution Location and Dates
July 23 – July 27, 2018 at Grand Canyon University Arena, 3300 W. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85017
Volunteer Hours – A new third shift is being added to the 2018 event. Morning volunteer hours are from 7 am and run through Noon; Afternoon shift is Noon – 5 pm; and an evening shift is now added from 5 – 8 pm to work with Foster Care children that will participate in this year’s event.
Volunteer Information Sheet – Please distribute and share this document with everyone that will be volunteering at the event. It outlines important information they need to know about the volunteer activity and working with children.
Saturday and Sunday, July 21 and 22, 2018 at GCU, will be used for loading in inventory, stocking, setup and backpack stuffing. NO students will be present on these dates, but lots of help is needed to prepare for their arrival.
Students will be present when distribution begins on Monday, July 23rd through Thursday, July 26th. Friday, July 27th will be reserved for tear-down and load-out. No children will be present.
- Please be mindful and carefully select your correct company/organization from the drop down menu on the volunteer form. This is critical to assure that you are registered with the correct group and that we have an accurate accounting of everyone.
- If you select a time slot and later decide you need to change, please email us with the change. We do not have the capability to change a registration directly on the system as yet. Please keep any changes to a minimum.
- If your are a father/son or mother/daughter or registering multiple people, EACH AND EVERY PERSON YOU REGISTER 14 YEARS OR OLDER must be registered individually on the system with all of their relevant contact information. If the volunteer is under 14 years of age, they must be accompanied by an adult, and can be registered as a guest, even if it is your child, for each shift selected.
- If you do not see your company/organization on the list, please email us so we can set up your larger group to volunteer together. Otherwise, if you have volunteered for us before, you may register as an “Individual Volunteer” from the drop down menu.
*Terms and Conditions: By registering to volunteer for the New Clothes New Beginnings Annual Distribution program, I certify that I will comply with all requirements below and that I acknowledge that BTSCD has the right to refuse or dismiss volunteers for not complying with said terms and conditions.
I also acknowledge that by registering and volunteering, I consent to allow BTSCD the use of my image, photo, or video of my participation in the program for any and all marketing related activities associated with the program/organization.
I also acknowledge that BTSCD will be held harmless for any injuries or other medical liabilities.
Distribution Event Volunteer Sign Up
ALL volunteers are required to individually register with BTSCD using the Form BELOW. Every volunteer will receive an email confirmation of the day and shift for which they register.
Special Note to Volunteers
Upon arrival volunteers are asked to check in at the Registration Desk in the lobby of the Arena and receive a name tag. Late arrivals and will be cycled into the workflow based upon needs. It is expected that volunteers will be present for the entire shift for which they registered. Please commit to the entire shift!
Teens, age 14 and older, may volunteer without a parent present, but acknowledge Parent Permission when submitting registration. Community service thank you letters will be issued to all teens who request them after the event. Parents or sponsors MUST accompany and supervise minor children between 10-13.
A volunteer break area with water and limited snack foods will be available daily. Lunch is not provided for volunteers so please plan accordingly especially if you have registered to work the entire day.
Most volunteer positions will be indoors in air-conditioned space. Wear appropriate summer casual clothing and footwear. Proper footwear includes sneakers, flats or other soft-soled shoes that can be worn on gym floors. Flip-flops or open-toe shoes are not appropriate.
Grand Canyon University (GCU) Security – Due to enhanced security protocols, all volunteers, students, and anyone participating in the event must go through a security checkpoint and metal detectors prior to entering the Arena. Please do not bring items that may be of security concern to the event.
We have taken a new approach this year by pre-designating reserved volunteer slots for your organization based on prior year’s requests and performance. We will need your confirmation that the numbers projected for your organization are okay per date and shift. We can adjust these figures as the event draws nearer should you need more or less. We will do our best to accommodate your request and email frequent reports listing your members registered. This process is to help ensure the safety and accountability of our volunteers and the kids that attend our event. We appreciate your support in making our new volunteer registration process as smooth as possible.
Registrations not completed by June 25 are subject to reassignment.
- Group Contact Full Name
- Group Contact Email
- Group Contact Phone
- Name of business, club or organization
- Approximate number of volunteers you may bring and when
BTSCD will communicate with you frequently via email with a list of your members registered. Thank you for organizing your group to volunteer. Your efforts are much appreciated!
A variety of jobs will be available from which volunteers can select. We will not pre-designate jobs. You will indicate the job you would like to perform once at the event. With over 2,000 volunteers expected to support the event, we will do everything possible to accommodate your job request. We hope to satisfy everyone, but please understand volunteers will be placed where most needed and job assignments can change during your shift. Please be flexible and have fun! Here is a short list and description of jobs for which you can expect to perform.
- Load In/Setup (Unload trucks and setup distribution areas)
- Backpack (Stuff and/or distribute backpacks)
- Registration (Welcome students, distribute badges)
- Department (Fulfill order for each child with shoes and clothes)
- Personal Shopper (Escort student through each department)
- Computer Inventory (Scan clothing choices of each student)
- Tear Down/Clean Up (Tear down and count inventory)
- ADK Volunteer Member (Work in Book Department)
- Stitches of Love Member (Work in Clothing Department)
Dates and Times
Volunteers opportunities are available from Saturday, July 21 to Friday, July 27, 2018
Saturday, July 21, Grand Canyon University
Shift 1 – 2pm – 6 pm
Task/Activity: Load in inventory, stock and organize for setup
Sunday, July 22, Grand Canyon University
Shift 1: 7 am – Noon
Shift 2: Noon – 5 pm
Task/Activity: Backpack Stuffing, inventory verification, set up
Monday, July 23- Thursday, July 27, Grand Canyon University
Shift 1: 7 am – noon
Shift 2: Noon – 5 pm
Shift 3: 5 pm – 8 pm
Task/Activity: Kids Shopping Days
Friday, July 27
Task/Activity: Inventory Count/ Load out / Cleanup
Shift 1: 7 am – Noon