It’s almost here! New Clothes, New Beginnings Distribution, that is. As you know, it is at this big event that the kids get to receive all of the wonderful items that Stitches of Love volunteers have been making throughout the year along with their school uniforms, shoes, socks, underwear, back packs with school supplies & personal hygiene articles, and books to call their own.
Our last Open House before 2014 Distribution will be on June 14th, 10:00am to 1:00pm at the Back To School Center, 1212 E Washington St., Phoenix, AZ.
Please bring your completed items to the Open House and join other volunteers in two workshops that day:
How to Make a Quick Purse
You may also drop off your finished items at any of the Sewing Days listed below.
Join Us For Sewing Days Before Distribution
We have several Sewing Days scheduled across the Valley just in time for our big push to Distribution. Please bring your sewing machine or serger or just your enthusiastic self – fabric and fun, or at least useful, assignments will be provided. If you plan to stay throughout the session you may want to bring a snack or lunch along with lots of water to stay hydrated in our dog days of Summer – I think that’s what they are called. Please come and join other volunteers at one or more of the following events:
- June 7th– Sewing Day at Rancho Reata, 9828 E Pueblo Ave, Mesa, 9:00am-1:00pm. Focus: pillowcases, zipper pulls, and hair accessories.
- June 17th– Sewing Day at 35th Ave Sew & Vac – El Mirage – 12213 NW Grand Ave., El Mirage – 10:00am – 4:00pm. Focus: Pillowcases. Because space is limited, we request that you call 623-583-0070 to let us know which times you want to work.
- June 21st– Sewing Day at The Bernina Connection – 4219 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, 10:00am – 4:00pm. Focus: Tops that can go with leggings
- June 21st– Sewing Day at 35th Ave Sew & Vac – Chandler – 4939 W Ray Rd, Chandler, 9:30am – 4:00pm. Focus: Purses
- June 22nd – Sewing Day at 35th Ave Sew & Vac – Northern– 3548 W Northern Ave, Phoenix, 10:15am – 3:30pm Focus: Open Sew & Kit cutting – purses, skirts, pillowcase dresses, knitting, crochet, etc.
- July 7th-Sewing Day at 3 Dudes Quilting – 5053 E Elliott, 10:00am – 5:00pm, Focus: Pillowcases
- July 5th – Sewing Day at Rancho Reata,9828 E Pueblo Ave, Mesa, 9:00am-1:00pm. Focus: pillowcases, zipper pulls, and hair accessories
Cancellation: The Craft Day at the North Valley Church of Christ scheduled for June 19th has been unavoidably cancelled. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you need yarn or fabric.
Last Day to Sign Up for Distribution will be July 7th. However, we’re asking that you let us know as early as possible if you plan to volunteer for Stitches of Love so that we can get a count of volunteers scheduled for each day and recruit additional volunteers if needed. You may sign up to work in the Stitches of Love Department at [email protected].